Thanks to all of you who joined us for our joint webinar with Citrix “Deliver Citrix XenApp Touch Enabled – Just add hopTo”. We had many requests for the slides from the webinar. You can see the slides embedded below.
We hope to see you at Citrix Synergy. Join us in booth 807B to see live demos, learn more about hopTo and enter our drawing for a prize give away.
The recording of the webinar is posted to YouTube now. Below the webinar you will find a SlideShare of the presentation and a written Q&A from the webinar. You can watch it here –
Below the slides you will see can find answers to many of the questions we received during the joint webinar.
Webinar Questions & Answers:
- What is the impact on XenApp scalability of using hopTo to touch enable existing apps?
- The impact is minimal. The hopTo agent on the Citrix XenApp server uses a small amount of memory on the system per user. Most customers are likely to see no impact on scalability.
- Will this integrate with Citrix HDX and ICA protocol, or will this use RDP as in previous versions?
- The new release of hopTo for Citrix HDX (planned for Citrix Synergy) will support Citrix HDX. hopTo has worked closely with Citrix and the new HDX SDK that provides the HDX engine for the iOS Receiver. The new hopTo for Citrix HDX is built on top of this HDX SDK from Citrix. hopTo for Citrix HDX will integrate with XenApp and Citrix Storefront.
- Does hopTo require any changes to the Windows apps themselves? How are these apps “transformed”?
- No code changes are required to either Windows or IE based apps. hopTo utilizes several innovative technologies to deliver a “Mobile App eXperience”. These innovations transform the user experience of a Windows app on a touch enable mobile to device to make it feel much more like a native mobile app without changing the app itself.
- What versions of XenApp are compatible with hopTo? is XenDesktop supported?
- We are testing on XenApp 7.6 through XenApp 7.8. We have done some initial testing with XenDesktop that indicates that XenDesktop with the VM Hosted App feature works with hopTo for Citrix HDX. We will conduct further testing to validate XenDesktop support.
- What mobile device operating systems are supported?
- Our hopTo for Citrix HDX release will initially support iOS on the client side. Once Citrix makes the HDX SDK available for Android, support for that platform with Citrix HDX will be possible. Support for Windows clients on tablets is not currently available but may be considered for a future release.
- What is the licensing and pricing of hopTo for Citrix HDX?
- Pricing is covered on slide 32 in the presentation above. hopTo is offered in both perpetual and subscription models. The perpetual per user price is $55 and the per user per month price is $2.81. The perpetual concurrent user price is $75 and the concurrent user per month price is $3.81.
- Are there volume discounts available?
- Yes, volume discounts for hopTo are available. Contact us (sales at hopto.com) for more info.
- Is there a hopTo Partner program? Do you have pricing available for Citrix Service providers?
- Yes, hopTo has a Partner program. A CSP pricing program is available as well. Contacts us (partners at hopTo.com ) for more info.
- Will hopTo for Citrix HDX work with NetScaler?
- hopTo for Citrix HDX is being built on top of Citrix HDX. Citrix HDX is fully supported with NetScaler. One of our release goals for the released product is full support and integration with Citrix NetScaler.
- Can I see this product live at Citrix Synergy?
- Yes, hopTo is a sponsor at Citrix Synergy. Please visit us in booth 807B.