Here are some EUC items that interested me last week.
- Citrix Blog Post on how to prevent MCS from doing a rearm.
- Download XenMobile Server 10.3.5 – more MAM-centric (e.g. cert deployment), restrict # of enrolled devices (enrollment profiles).
- Configure > Actions > App wipe or App lock.
- MAM features require Worx Home 10.3.5.
- NTP Server can now be configured.
- XenMobile Worx Home APNS cert expires 4/13. Upgrade to 10.3.5. Or install patch. Only for Worx Home notifications.
- ShareFile On-Demand Sync 220.127.116.11 – Windows 10 support
- New Product-specific support pages at Citrix. Example – http://support.citrix.com/en/products/xendesktop. The PM wants feedback.
- Contribute Exam Questions to Citrix from the comfort of your home.
- Citrix SmartHub – user-facing tool that runs in virtual desktops. Alerts, App Requests. System Info.
- VDA Cleanup Utility – cleans up files/registry left by VDA uninstaller.
- AppDisks Diagnostic Tool – collects AppDisks log files, seems to be newer than the one in the 7.8 VDA.
- Sacha Thomet’s script to notify when # of free desktops is low – uses Director
- Reverse Image Windows 10 PvS vDisk using XenConvert – I get winload.exe error when booting. Any ideas?
- EPA OPSWAT Packet flow and Troubleshooting – registry key to enable client-side logging. NetScaler Assassin blog.
- NetScaler SDX update bundle does not update LOM firmware. Do that separately.
- Demo NetScaler App Firewall – basically a getting started guide. Jake Rutski.
- NetScaler 11 has a built-in Geo Location Database
- Citrix NetScaler Master Class April 2016 – intro to GSLB, multi-subnet configuration, intro to HA, virtual MAC. YouTube video.
- Citrix Discussions:
- Citrix Telemetry Service prevents VDA 7.8 installation
- Outlook 2013/2016 on Win12R2 doesn’t display notifications
- Clipboard issues in VDA 7.8
- Receiver 4.4 hang issue – works in 4.3.100
- NetScaler EPA reg scan bug – fixed in 11.0 build 66
- StoreFront 3.5 Delegated Authentication bug – confirmed by Citrix
- PVS 7.8 -> BOOTMGR image is corrupted. The system cannot boot – XenServer only?
- On Receiver for iOS, drop-down menus lose background
- Earl Gay from Sirius Computer Solutions awarded VMware EUC Champion
- Download Horizon Clients 4.0.1 – re-enables TLS 1.0
- VMware Horizon 7 True SSO: Setting Up In a Lab – VMware Blog Post
- VMware Horizon Sizing Estimator 1.1
- VDI Calculator v7 – Andre Leibovici
- App Volumes:
- How to do AppToggle in App Volumes 3.0. VMware Communities.
- VMware App Volumes Backup Utility Fling – needed in AppVolumes 3? It adds .vmdks to a VM, which can then be backed up.
- Using the VMware App Volumes snapvol.cfg File to Customize Writable Volumes – what’s saved and not saved. VMware Blog Post.
- Learning VMware App Volumes – book from Peter von Oven.
- VMware Performance and Capacity Management – Second Edition – book from Iwan ‘e1’ Rahabok
- Improving Windows 10 logon time – Remove Modern Apps, use default user profile. James Rankin.
- LoginVSI OS Tuning Template for Windows 10 – increase density 44%
- Unidesk 4.0 Tech Preview – I like storing layers in file share. And pushes to PvS.
- HopTo is making Citrix more touch-friendly on iOS.
- GPOs not applying on Windows 10 – could be UNC Hardening. Technet forums.
- UEM Smackdown v16.01 – Rob Beekmans.
| Read more: EUC Weekly Digest – April 9, 2016