CAMPBELL, Calif., May 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — hopTo (OTCQB: HPTO), developer and provider of the most comprehensive mobile productivity platform and remote application access solution, today announced the release of GO-Global for Windows 5.0, the fast and secure application publishing solution that provides instant access to Windows applications from any location, platform, and operating system.
“One of the greatest challenges of hosting applications over the Internet is ensuring application performance and reliability,” said Eldad Eilam, President and CEO, hopTo. “Users expect hosted applications to provide a consistent user experience across a broad range of devices even when the users’ own networks are slow and unreliable. GO-Global for Windows 5.0 helps enterprises and hosting service providers meet these expectations with new features that improve user experience and mitigate network quality issues.”
GO-Global for Windows makes it easy for authorized employees, business partners, and customers to securely access legacy applications from anywhere, regardless of connection, location, client platform, or OS. Incorporating advanced server-centric technology, GO-Global is an efficient cross-platform solution that cost-effectively Web-enables centralized applications and documents for rapid delivery to local, remote, and mobile users running Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, Android, or any Web browser. GO-Global for Windows enabled applications retain 100% of their features, functions and branding.
The new features included in the 5.0 release:
- Windows Desktop Support. In addition to providing remote access to specific applications published from a host, GO-Global for Windows 5.0 can optionally provide users and administrators with remote access to a host’s desktop (start menu, task bar, etc.).
- Windows Themes. On Windows 7 and later, GO-Global for Windows 5.0 displays applications using the Theme that is specified on the host so applications appear the same when run through GO-Global for Windows as when they are run natively.
- High Resolution Display Support. GO-Global for Windows 5.0 supports display scaling so that text and user interface elements are legible on high resolution displays. When users connect to a host from a Windows computer, GO-Global for Windows automatically uses the client computer’s DPI (Dots Per Inch) setting. When users connect to a host from other operating systems, GO-Global for Windows uses the DPI setting that is specified for the user under the Control Panel’s Display applet on the host.
- Improved Audio Support. On Windows 7 and later, GO-Global for Windows 5.0 supports a virtual audio device that creates a private mixer for every session. These components mix the audio played by applications running in the GO-Global for Windows session and stream the (.mp4, .wav, etc.) audio data to the client.
- Non-admin Installers for Windows Client and Browser Add-ons. GO-Global for Windows 5.0 includes new installers for the Windows Client and the Windows GO-Global Add-ons that can be run by users who do not have administrator rights.
- Automatic Reconnect. When a user is disconnected from a host, GO-Global for Windows 5.0 automatically attempts to reconnect to the host. When network interruptions are brief, users experience only a brief pause in application response.
- Client Log Files. The GO-Global for Windows 5.0 client records connection related messages in a log file on the client device. After a user signs in to a host, the client files are automatically synchronized with the host log files to make it easier for administrators to troubleshoot network issues using both host and client data.
- Connection Monitoring. GO-Global for Windows 5.0 monitors the latency and the input and output rates of connections to the host. The host tests the initial connection and records values for each of the metrics in the host log files. The host then monitors the connection and records quality changes.
“Information and Display Systems (IDS) uses GO-Global for Windows as an integral component of our hosted solution, serving 44,450 end users. We have been doing this for 8 years beginning with GO-Global for Windows 3.2, and continuing now with version 5.0. The strong feature additions of High Resolution Display Support (DPI Scaling) and Themes enable IDS to greatly improve our end user experience. The new Client Log and Connection Monitoring provide robust tools to troubleshoot network and connection issues to deliver a more reliable and high availability solution,” said Mark Williams, General Manager of IDS, an ACS company that provides technology services and solutions for the education and ministry industry worldwide. “The GO-Global team has made excellent strides with GO-Global for Windows 5.0.”
About GO-Global for Windows:
GO-Global for Windows is the fast and secure application access and Web-enabling solution that makes it easy and cost-effective to extend the reach of your existing Windows applications to your company’s network or the Web. Your applications run on a secure central computer (the Host), making them available to local, remote and mobile devices (the Clients) running just about any platform and operating system, including iPad, iPhone, and Android. The host-resident applications appear on the client devices just as though they were running locally. GO-Global for Windows is part of the GO-Global product family providing application access solutions for Windows, UNIX, and Linux applications.
The GO-Global for Windows Webinar Series, including an introduction of new Version 5 features, will soon be announced! If you would like to be notified of the upcoming Webinar scheduled dates please click here: Go-Global for Windows Webinar Series
Founded in its current form in 2012, hopTo Inc. is an innovator of a unique mobile productivity workspace platform. The hopTo mobile solution delivers an unparalleled user experience without compromising enterprise security. hopTo brings a new standard of mobile productivity by enabling individuals to Search, Access, Create, Edit and Share content from their mobile devices, efficiently and effectively, by leveraging any combination of on-premise or cloud stored content, documents and data as well as enterprise applications. The company is based in Campbell, CA. For more information on hopTo, please visit: www.hopTo.com, https://www.linkedin.com/company/hopto or download the hopTo IRapp from the hopTo investor page.
Investor / Media contact:
KCSA Strategic Communications